Thursday, September 20, 2007

The White Birch ~ Too Good To Stay Home

This Norwegian trio has made quite a name for themselves in their native land, securing 'Video of the Year' award at the Norwegian MTV Video Awards in 2006 and are slowly spreading such accolades across the globe. Lead singer Ola Flottum's voice has a beautiful unrefined quality that blends perfectly with their well crafted sound. Like many bands out of the Scandanavian part of the world, their lyrics are in english but even if they weren't I feel the emotion would come across just the same as does in a Sigur Ros track. My first experience with their music was when I saw the absolutely amazing video for 'Seer Believer' off their latest album 'Come Up For Air' and I must admit I was floored. I found myself instantly searching to find out anything I could about this band and any music I could find, quickly becoming a huge fan. Unfortunatly they don't seem to tour too far from their homeland as of yet but we can only hope the US release of the new album will prompt a trek to this side of the world. Here is the video for 'Seer Believer'.....enjoy!

THE WHITE BIRCH ~ SEER BELIEVER



For more music and info on The White Birch go here:

http://www.thewhitebirch.no
http://www.myspace.com/thewhitebirch

1 comment:

1i4Dcom said...

I like these guys quite a bit. thanks for the heads up