Monday, August 20, 2007

Santogold ~ One Of Brooklyn's Finest

I came across this band on myspace one day after hearing 800 bands of pure crap and it actually took me a few listens to believe what my ears were telling me, "This is some good shit". Reminiscent of M.I.A. with her reggae infused synthy hip hop sounds, Santogold (aka Santi White) from Brooklyn gets my head moving like a bobblehead on a lowriders dashboard. Her standout track to me from what I've heard so far with it's new wave indie style is 'LES Artistes'. Santogold has worked with the likes of M.I.A., Diplo, Freq Nasty, Bad Brains drummer Chuck Treese and Spank Rock. As of yet there is no album but when it drops you know I will give a right thorough review. In the meantime, here is a video (thanks to comeonmelissa) of Santogold live playing 'LES Artistes'....enjoy!



You can hear more from Santogold here:

http://www.myspace.com/santogold

No comments: